Welcome to St Aldhelm’s

Picture by Tina Burnett

St Aldhelm’s is once again open for worship, gathering for a socially distanced Eucharist service on Sundays at 10am and for Holy Communion from the Book of Common Prayer on Thursdays at 10. All are welcome to join us.

Things are a little different in church, as we work hard to keep everyone safe as we worship. You can find a letter from Mother Anna and the PCC here, but the headline points are

  • facemask
  • hand gel
  • social distancing
  • leave your name and contact details

With no singing and shorter services worship certainly feels different – but it is good to be back and worshiping God together. Thank God that we are able to meet in God’s name again.

Sunday 17 September 2020, Trinity 16

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

Ezekiel 18:1-4,25-32; Matthew 21:23-32

Today we are thinking about turning to God – as our reading from Ezekiel puts it, Turn – and live.

Read more here.

Annual Parochial Church Meeting

Our annual church meeting takes place in church on Sunday 11 October 2020 after our 10am service, at around 11.15. It will start with the annual meeting of parishioners, when we will elect two churchwardens, followed by the APCM itself, when we will hear reports about church activities and finances in 2019 and elect three Deanery Synod representatives and four PCC members.

The formal notice of the meeting can be found here. If you are on the church’s electoral roll and would like to stand for any of the vacancies, please contact Mother Anna for a nomination form. She can be reached by email at vicar@aldhelms.co.uk or you can call her on 07845 137233 and leave a message.

Keep in touch

Please keep an eye on this website and the St Aldhelm’s facebook page for the latest information about what we are up to and if you would like to receive updates and reflections by email, please contact vicar@aldhelms.co.uk and ask to be added to the mailing list.

You can also contact Mother Anna on 07845 137233 and leave a message.


The parish of St Aldhelm Edmonton is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of London’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.